Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Start of School

This year the beginning of school has felt more like a tactical mission in military defense than the back to school tradition of educating three young minds. It's been 3+ weeks since school began and everyday (even on the weekends) I have hoped for a pair of those bullet deflecting gold cuffs that Wonder Woman used to fend off her evil nemeses so that I too may ward off evil ... things. Imagining myself in gold cuffs and a flying eagle bustier has done nothing to help in dealing with our many (mis)adventures(nor has it particularly helped with my body image since I know I can't fill out Linda Carter's wings), but maybe venting will. So here's the short list. I'm just using single words right now to get it all out. Maybe someday I'll expound upon them a little:

handstand
broken arm
volleyball tryouts
cast
(unfortunately the above are in chronological order)
recast
money
pay-to-play sports
13
13
plumber
money
air conditioner
money, money, money (I know, I cheated)
insurance donut
fever
fever
fever
missed school
ADD
missed homework
teacher conference
therapy
damn insurance donut

No comments: