Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sad and Gray Monday

Last Monday (ok so I'm a little behind) Isaac stayed home from school because he was recovering from croup and was on steroids after our little 911 adventure (see previous post). This caused Maya to have a stomach ache which gave her a good reason to call me and come pick her up from school. Having Maya and Isaac home gave me a good reason to lay down for 30 minutes and catch a little shut eye as I was still recovering from the emergency from the night before.

I figured they could occupy themselves for at least 20 minutes and I could go create a puddle of drool on my big fluffy pillow. Well, the puddle never happened because Isaac (being on steroids) couldn't let me be even though he had his big sister to entertain him (amazingly she felt much better by the time she got home.) So Isaac crawled in bed with me and proceeded to flip and flop and sing (being on steroids) until I finally had to threaten him with a time out if he didn't leave. This made no sense to Isaac since he's fairly certain he's never in the wrong. But he did eventually leave after I threatened to give him a strike on the chalkboard (this is big punishment in our house).

I was dosing off into some strange dream about 9 guys in big boots at my house when Isaac came in just a mere 5 minutes later (still ticked mind you) to ask me what letter makes the "ya" sound. I said a "y" and then he left. He came back 2 minutes later to present me with a note which he simply handed me (with his pouty face) and then left. Here's what it said....



I'm so glad I could help him write a heart wrenching note to myself. In case you need a translation it says "you make me sad." That sad face I believe is a self-portrait.

So I decided to come up with my own little note that I'll give Isaac when he's sixteen...


1 comment:

Tim Johnson said...

that's awesome...I dont think I have seen the notes yet...