Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sleepless in Indy

So it's been two weeks since I last blogged. It's our spring break now so we are at home spending some quality time with our Nintendo DS's. Isaac doesn't have one yet which is driving us all berzerk but he's getting one for his birthday which is Saturday. We may not make it until then however, I might break down and get one today as a matter of fact.

Tim was out of town last week for 4 nights and was gone again last night. Thank God he'll be home tonight. I have two kids that always, and I mean ALWAYS wake up in the middle of the night and want to get in bed with me. Well, who wouldn't?? The number of scary dreams in our house when dad is away is truly amazing. Last night however, Isaac was coming down with a cold as well. Perfect timing. So the night went something like this:
10:30 I turned out the light
12:30 Isaac woke up, he had wet the bed
12:50 I've cleaned up Isaac's bed and gotten him some medicine. I lay down in hopes of sleep.
1:00 No such luck. Maya's "mom is alone in bed" radar has gone off. Evidently she's had a scary dream. I see her coming and say something like "No way, go back to bed!" Then I follow up with the appropriate fix by whispering "Did you have a bad dream? Ok, you're fine. Go back to bed."
1:50 Isaac cries. I ignore him in the hopes it's just a dream.
3:14 Isaac appears beside my bed. "Mom my clock says 3,5,4, is it time to get up?" So I say" No Isaac it's definitely not and you're clock is off." "When can I get up mom" "In about 4 hours when your clock says 7,5,4."
3:15 Isaac appears with his blankie and sippy cup. I give in, "Ok, just get in my bed."
3:16 I make Isaac get his pillow.
3:17 Isaac has to get "mousey".
3:18 "No, Isaac it is not time to get up yet."
3:20 "Isaac if you don't go to sleep you're going back in your bed."
3:25 Isaac falls asleep with his head next to mine.
3:30 I can't sleep. I get up walk around the house and curse husbands and spring break. Take the trash out and eventually go back to bed.
8:00 Maya is up. Phoebe comes back and whines at me because she wants to go out. I let her out then go back to bed.
9:00 Isaac comes and asks when I'm going to get up. I do some quick calculations in my mind and figure I've gotten maybe 8 hours total sleep with lots of interruptions. The day must begin. Damn.

1 comment:

Tim Johnson said...

yikes...okay...did not see this posting but I am caught up now. Having real anxiety about leaving town again next week, to say the least. Maybe a nice "stay in your bed all night" talk is in order before I leave.