Monday, September 22, 2008

All Is Well

My dog is laying at my feet completely worn out. It must be from hearing me say "no" over and over. She's been an ornery little fart head lately. Digging up my flowerbeds to bury her bone, chewing on the kids stuff, and chewing on the kids. Wonder if I can get her spayed again. She was really well behaved on that day...

So here's the latest update from Indy-suburbia: all is well. Maya is doing well in school despite the fact that it is harder than last year. I think she had a pretty easy teacher last year. I have to bite my tongue to not tell her it's only going to get harder. So I say things like "sure it's hard but it's fun hard, right?" Big eye roll.

Eva is doing well in every subject except science. She gave me a paper Thursday morning that said she was flunking science. She gave me this paper two minutes before the bus was to arrive. If she's smart enough to do that then she can pass science. I handled it well though. I told her we'd talk about it when she got home from school, gave her a hug and "I love yous" and sent her on her way. Then I freaked out. But it's all water under the bridge now. I'm not going to worry about college admissions -yet.

Isaac forgot his library book yesterday. Ok, I forgot to give Isaac his library book. I guess at the kindergarten level I'm the one that should be taking responsibility here. He didn't get all over me about it though. This is good because I see signs of anal retentiveness and of impending obsessive compulsive disorder in him. Tim thinks I'm jumping the gun. Isaac lines his fruit snacks up by color and then eats each color individually. Last week he organized the granola bars on the shelf because he doesn't like to put his hand in the box. Yesterday he rolled his eyes at me because I kept turning on his lamp from the light switch and not the lamp itself. Evidently this is wrong and he is done being patient with me. He's five. I'm forty. I have to remind Isaac I'm not his slacky, I'm his mom, there is a difference. I said this after I made his lunch, got him dressed, brushed his hair and thin removed the toast crumbs on his cheeks by licking his face.

Ok, I'm not really a licker. Olive is a licker. I don't like to be licked. Tim enjoys being licked. (It's amazing that we're still married.) Turns out other people are ok with being licked too. Tim informed me that several people that we had over this weekend (I won't mention any names although they are related to Tim, not me) just let Olive lick them. I am appalled people. I cannot see how you can just sit there and be licked. It is beyond me.

Olive destroyed a small stuffed purple fish the other day. Now I'm going to have to reattach a fin and reinsert some stuffing so Isaac doesn't have to live with only 49 stuffed animals instead of 50. I asked him if this was an important fish. Evidently by the look he gave this is an important fish. I think his name is "purple fish".
Yes, all is well....

3 comments:

Susan said...

ok, i admit it, i'm one of those people that let dogs lick my face. i don't like people licking my face tho. ick!

Michelle Johnson said...

Yes, I know you do and I apologize if my face gets all contorted and scrunchy when I see a dog lick your face. I'm not a lover of dog spit. Although it has it's place. I'm fairly certain Phoebe's constant floor licking kept our kitchen floor in such excellent shape. It was like an extra protective coating. Somebody needs to bottle that.

Tim Johnson said...

Not to blend comments or cross blog comment but if you bottle the dog spit can you charge $5 a bottle and in our case we could call it Olive Drool...does that sound like Olive Oil? Maybe we can put it in a bottle that looks just like olive oil.