Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vote Early and Vote Often!

No, this is not a slogan for the democratic party. The air is brimming with excitement isn't it? People will cast their votes and in just a few weeks we will finally know. I know you are as excited as I am to find out the next champion of Dancing With The Stars! (Cue music.)

I love this show. It's the only show I watch religiously. Actually it's the only show I watch at all. (That doesn't include the occasional Oprah show I watch out of morbid curiosity.) I discovered after last season that I had a serious problem. The problem being that I was actually addicted to this show. After the season had ended I found myself in a funk. A "There's no more DWTS and now what am I going to do with my life?" funk. Yes, it was serious. That's why I was so stinkin' excited for a new season to start but only after the second show did I realize I was in worse trouble than last season. Monday was great, Tuesday was good (it's the results show you know), Wednesday - instant funk.

How can you not love it?! It's live, it's funny, sometimes it's hilarious. And my favorite part- people are dancing. It's inspires dreams of dancing in me. It also inspires dreams of a large disco ball hanging from my living room ceiling. It inspires dreams of Maks. If you don't know Maks you should. I've posted a picture of him next to my bed. :) Here's a picture of him:



And here's another:

And another:



And while we're at it here's Curtis Stone...


He's the Take Home Chef. He's from Australia. He has an accent. It's an Australian accent.

Where was I? Oh yeah. I've made it through a few weeks of shows now and I'm trying to get my DWTS funky moods under control. That being said, it isn't working. A person should never be so excited to see a Monday. And Wednesday feels more like the beginning of a life sentence than hump day. It's sick. I have a sickness. A disease. It might be time for a twelve step program. Well, maybe not right away. There's always next season.

No comments: