Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Drinking, Inclimate Weather and Shoes

It's been raining here since well, yesterday. I was about to say last Friday because it feels like it's been raining for 4 days but it hasn't. It's just been raining every other day for the past 30 days. It's just so gray or grey if you prefer but however you spell it's d-r-e-a-r-y. The weatherman says that we should see the sun on Thursday. I'm trying to act all casual about it like, "yeah that'd be cool" kinda like a moody teenager so, you know, the universe doesn't sense my desperation and scoff at me. But my insides are saying "Where is the freakin' sun? I'm going to die from vitamin D deficiency! Get me a gin and tonic!" (I'm not sure what gin and tonic has to do with vitamin D deficiency but it's seems like a drink with a lime should come with sunshine).

I do love a good spring storm at night though. (Hence, the music - It's Maniacal Late Musical Titillating Tuesday. It's my blog I can do this.) You get to get all warm and snuggly in bed with your significant other and listen to the thunder rumble and watch the lightning brighten up the room. Of course, it hasn't been just Tim and I in our bedroom during a storm for the past twelve years so I'm not really sure what I'm talking about. And then sometimes you end up squeezing all 6 of your family members (this includes the dog) into the bedroom closet amid stinky shoes (those would be Tim's) and scrapbooking supplies (Tim's again, er, ok, mine) because the tornado sirens are going off and you're wondering how you could have ever bought a house without a basement in Indiana. But basements cost money and your twin daughters are now wearing bras and needing shoes in adult sizes.

I'm not sure which kills the mood faster, the thought of two pairs of $55 Nikes that you're not going to be wearing or the tornado down the street.

No comments: