Friday, February 1, 2008

Ahhhhh February

So the big snow storm didn't happen. A bit disappointing for some people. Especially Eva who woke up at 6:30 (a half hour early) to discover she did in fact have to go to school. This knowledge was followed by exclamations of the unfairness of life and a little bit of foot stomping with a little bit of thrashing about. She knows I don't like the stomping so she substituted with the thrashing which looks like mini upper body convulsions. (Reminds me of the Talking Heads.) I let her do her dance of unfairness while I continued to crunch on my cereal. Oh, woe is her.



In other news.....

Isaac turned into the antichrist the other day. I wouldn't draw a picture of heaven for him. Evidently he's a visual thinker... It all started with me recalling something I did as a kid. He in turn needs to know where he was at the time. I said he was in heaven. Thought I did well. So he asked me what heaven looks like. I tried to answer with the basics...a beautiful place, trees, water, flowers, etc.. "Well, draw it for me mom". Huh.

"I don't think I can do that Isaac".

"Just draw it mom." Thrusting is light blue colored pencil at me.

"I can't Isaac". Knowing whatever I drew would be disappointing.

"Just draw it." Pencil coming a little closer to my face. Insistence in his voice.

"I don't know how!" Me becoming hysterical.

"DRAW!" Clenched teeth, pencil sticking me in the nose. Ok, mini-Satan, get a grip.

"Hey, do you need a time out?"

And there, another meaningful discussion at the Johnson house.

No comments: