Monday, March 3, 2008

Enlightened?

What a bummer! Here I am trying to improve myself, become enlightened and "aware" and Oprah poops out on me. I was trying to participate in the online video discussion with Eckhart Tolle and his latest book "A New Earth". I actually had a couple "ah-ha" moments until the video started studdering. I guess I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to become fully aware.


Eckhart Tolle defines "ego" as basically one's negative thoughts. (This would be a really, really brief summarization of the first half of the book.) So now I am definitely more aware of my thoughts (most of which are negative) and am trying to let them go, not react to them and find my inner peace. But I'm human so this only works 10% of the time. I'm also a relatively negative person with a bad attitude and a penchant for carrying large chips on my shoulder. Hence the 10%. The most wonderful part of my recent enlightenment is being able to realize when my ego has taken over and is leading me ashstray from my higher purpose. For instance, when Tim does something to honk me off and I react with "Hey you butt wipe could you make my life anymore difficult?" or some other wifely phrase, I follow it up with "Oops, that was my ego talking!" and just laugh it away. Oh silly ego! Where for art thou spiritual enlightenment?! It's worked out fairly well and it even makes me feel kinda good about myself. I think this is a much more enlightened way of passing the buck then doing it say, Eva's way. Like kicking her brother and then following it up with "I'm sorry! I said I was sorry!" Well, sure Eva it's ok to kick people as long as you apologize for it right away. Now if she were to say "Darn, if that gosh darn-dilly ego didn't get to me again!" Then, I'd probably understand as my ego often wants me to kick her. See! I am enlightened!

That is it for now. I have more to share like the painful swelling of my girl gonads (ovaries) over the last four days but this discussion is not for the squeamish. Alas, I will share it with you another time perhaps in a "HHFD" (Hot House Flower Disease) update. Evidently spiritual enlightenment has me sounding like Shakespeare. "Ignorance is the curse of God, knowlege the wing wherewith we fly to Heaven." From Henry VI. I looked it up. I like the word "wherewith". I'm going to have to use it more often.

toodles.

No comments: