Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dear Joan,

I started to comment to your comment that I had commented to and realized you know, I could actually make this a post. This is my blog, I can do that.

At first I thought you were going to paint those armpit stains with fabric paint but then realized it was the logo you were going to change. Don't work so hard on those stains. Purple sparkly armpits could be a new fashion statement and I've got plenty of paint.

As far as I'm concerned you can comment on my blog infinitely. I've only been doing this about a year and I haven't really figured out all the etiquette and nuances as that would require me to do more than just write. That would require research. Which would require more of my time. (I like to italicize the dirty words.) Besides this is the most comments I've gotten the past year.

I hope the sudden elevation to camp director of my bar-hopping momma's camp hasn't scared you. I know you can handle it. Besides you've already named the camp. You obviously have drinking skills and that's really all the position requires. There are some other abilities that are a plus for this position like recruiting skills (waving a pitcher of margaritas in front of a bunch of stressed out moms), teamwork and employee relations (being able to flag down a waitress in under 1 minute and flirting with the bouncer when necessary) and socializing (cussing). Your 31 years of cohabitation tells me you can do it all and in my camp, unlike at home, you can do it all fully dressed. Or not. I guess that's up to you and any police officers in the vicinity.

Now all we need is a designated driver....

6 comments:

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

Sorry, that last comment that was deleted was by me. I was trying to edit my profile and messed up. Anyway, what I said was, I love the logo Michelle. Everyone will be so jealous of us walking around with our armpit-stained Bar-d Camp shirts. That's awesome! Can't wait to get mine some day:)

Joansy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joansy said...

P.S.
Hi Lobin! You beat me to the comment bar!

Joansy said...

and here I go again.....
I LOVE the logo! I missed it the first time - it must be my wandering eye. If Robin, oops, Lobin, hadn't commented I never would have seen it! Even the popular people will want our shirts!

Jill said...

Joan/Michelle - If you let me in the camp, I can bring my plastic margarita pitchers and glasses (cheerfully gifted to me by another one of Michelle's sisters-in-law, Tammy (OK, Lammy for anonymity's sake). This might solve the arthritis/full pitcher problem posed in Joan's earlier comment. Am I in?