Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Camp This

I am a Super Freak. At least that's what I feel like after last week. We were hit by the stomach flu, which by the way, we just had a month and a half ago. Sickness makes me crabby. Well, that and I just realized we only have 3 weeks of school left.

I've been working on the summer schedule. Trying to fit in band with swimming with tennis with golf and with swim lessons. For some reason it all has to happen the first two weeks of summer break except golf. That's why I'm starting my own adult summer camp called Bar Hopping For Sanity. The great thing about my camp is you only pay for your drinks - you don't even have to get the t-shirt if you don't want to. Camp is open every night during the week (and on weekends too!) and if for some reason you miss a day you can mix yourself a cocktail at home! It's ingenious I tell you.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Sign me up!!

Tim Johnson said...

You might actually be able to charge for this and have a van shuttle to help your parent campers get home everynight...you are such an entrepreneur...

Joansy said...

I know your sister-in-law Robin (or let's call her Lobin for the sake of anonymity)and she suggested I should either read your blog or get professional help. I for one would like to attend your day camp. I will bring t-shirts for everyone, as I have a large collection of vintage Band Camp shirts from the early 90's that used to belong to my children but that my husband still wears when he mows the lawn. I think I can get the armpit stains out, and with a little fabric paint we could probably make it look like Bar-d (rhymes with party) Camp instead of Band Camp. I also carry swizzle sticks in my purse at all times. I used to carry band-aids, but as the kids grew my needs changed.
I hope I qualify for your camp.

Michelle Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Johnson said...

Joan -
You not only qualify I think I'm going to make you camp director. You don't actually get compensated for this job in anyway but you get to work hard selflessly for the happiness of others. I'm guessing as a swizzle stick carrying mother you are familiar with this concept. The only thing that would impress me more is if you carried green olives stuck on little plastic swords in your purse tasting faintly of a very dry martini

Joansy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joansy said...

P.S.
Can a comment be longer than the original post? Because if not, please disregard the above comment.