Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cravings

Ok, where did the week go? I know it's not over yet but it will be - in two short days. I'm having a little trouble adjusting to my new schedule of working in the mornings. Time is flying by and the laundry is piling up. It's perplexing to me. I throw a load in and then a little later I move the load into the dryer and throw another load in. And then before you know it I have 5 baskets of laundry to fold which are crammed into 3 laundry baskets. And then I get cranky because the next day I have three more loads to wash and I still have 5 baskets to fold and I gave up coffee for Lent. It still haunts me.

So I'm still working through the coffee thing. I've been good. I tried to count the days that I've gone without coffee but I got frustrated and ripped the calendar off the wall and threw it on the floor and then jumped up and down on it until I lost my breath (that was 2 and half jumps.) Actually that's a lie. I don't have enough energy to jump up (the down part happens automatically) so I just kicked it across the floor. And I felt much better. Although I kicked it under the fridge and that's a bummer.

Ok, really, I have to admit that I'm much better off without caffeine. I still want it, but I'm much better off without it, kinda like I'm much better off without Maks from Dancing With The Stars...






I would also be much better off without sugar. But this I can't seem to let go of - kinda like Mmm....nevermind. Just like with any "diet" you try to deny yourself something and all of the sudden you can't live without it. (Where does Maks live? LA?) So over the weekend I had cheesecake on Friday a brownie sundae on Saturday and a lemon bar on Sunday. And then there's the Girl Scout Cookies, the ice cream and the box of Lucky Charms in the cupboard taunting me.

There's a lesson in here somewhere. A parable or a bible story to tell me why I need to let these things go. But I'm not going to look that up right now. I need a cookie, a nap and Ma... a glass of wine.

No comments: