Thursday, March 12, 2009

Smokin'

I have been remiss. And I think that's ok because I like that word. I wish I could say I have been on vacation but I haven't. I've just been remiss, missing in action, missing a few brain cells, just missing.

So I have a new job. It doesn't feel like a job which I think is good because a job that feels like a job is just a job and when it's a job it just feels like work. I'm pretty sure that makes sense. I'm not entirely sure why but it's Thursday and tomorrow is Friday. Have I mentioned I gave up coffee for Lent?

Hey, I gave up coffee for Lent. It's been, I don't know since the beginning of Lent that I gave up coffee. And I think it's going o.k. I've had a slight headache for about a week and a half. It takes me about 6 hours to wake up everyday which is ok because it's just in time for my nap. I'm a little lacking in motivation but I'm still doing laundry and dishes and cooking dinner and working half days so no one seems to notice. (Can't imagine how they missed it?) So yeah, overall I think this is a good thing. Anyday now I'm sure I'll stop WANTING coffee. I hear it takes 21 days to get over a habit. And it's been.... not 21 days yet. My thoughts are a little scattered but I'm sure that will go away when I can think straighter and not so scattered. Huh.

Caffeine is a drug. I have witnessed it first hand. I was feeling a little down one day because of my lack of motivation. (I didn't WANT to do the dishes. Go figure.) After having an ice tea for lunch that same day I wanted to add on to my house - myself. Then it hit me! I'm a caffeineaholic!! And there's not a twelve step program but fortunately there is Advil and the three children I have that prevent me from burying my head in a pillow for more than 67 seconds.

The really crazy thing is I was drinking maybe a half cup to a cup a day and it was half-caff! This is why I don't drink alcoholic beverages. I'm a wuss. Two sips of wine and I'm three sheets to the wind.

We are all kicking the drug habit here. Tim gave up coffee for Lent as well. And as witnessed in the photo below Isaac does not allow cigarettes at his snack station. In case you were planning on coming over to visit Isaac at his snack station and pulling out a smoke. This is the sign at his snack station. Cigarettes are known in our family as "smokers". (Everyday after school the girls have to go to the snack station where Isaac gives them their choice of a granola bar or fruit snacks. He keeps post it notes on the boxes to show how many are left in each box. My little anal retentive cutie pie.)

It says:

No Books Ulawd (allowed, isn't he brilliant)
No paper allowed (I guess paper and snacks just don't mix.)

And underneath the lovely graphic symbol:
No smokers allowed

The kicker is it looks like we haven't only given up coffee and cigarettes for Lent but also smoking weenies by the look of the art work.

Huh.

No comments: